Provided here are some exercises you may wish to perform:
- After installing a new network adapter or after replacing a Token Ring
adapter with an Ethernet adapter, what are the steps to restart TCP/IP?
- Configure an network interface using SMIT.
- Start and stop TCP/IP daemons using /etc/rc.tcpip and /etc/tcp.clean.
- Name the SMIT fastpaths needed for networking, such as tcpip, route, and
- Change the IP address using SMIT.
- Describe the inetd, portmap, and other TCP/IP daemons. What errors will
users experience when any one of the TCP/IP daemons is not started?
- What are the errors if the /etc/resolv file is incorrect?
- How do you add a route?
- Create and delete an IP alias using the ifconfig command.
- Does ping work without starting TCP/IP?
- Use the $HOME/.netrc file to eliminate the user login and password
prompts for the rexec and ftp commands.
Chapter 11. Network File